Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Crispy Kale Chips

Couple of days ago, I found Kale Chips recipe floating around in the internet. I thought I should give it a try since this had "healthy snack" tag :P. This is very simple and with just three ingredients, it tastes very good.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 20 mins
Quantity: serves 2 

Ingredients: 
Kale - 1 bunch (I used the curly version, You can also use dinosaur kale)
Olive Oil or any oil - 1 Tb Spn
Salt to taste 

Method: 
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300 deg F
2. Wash and dry the kale
3. Remove the stem and cut or tear them into bite size pieces (keep them considerably big, remember that it is going to wilt while baking)
4. Put them in a zipper bag or regular plastic cover and sprinkle some oil and salt (remember to keep it low, kale will wilt and you will end up with salty chips). Give it a good massage
5. Spread them on a baking sheet and bake them until crispy for 20 mins
6. Serve them fresh

I read that if this is properly stored they last unto a week. I made less and finished it in two days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment